What's New in BMC FootPrints 11.6
Discover the new features that make BMC FootPrints better than ever
BMC FootPrints Service Core 11.6 delivers all of FootPrints’ power and efficiency with new features that make it even easier to align the business and IT.
What's New in FootPrints Service Core 11.6
Adopt best practices with the Alignability Process Model
The new Alignability Process Model (APM) is a library of ITSM best practice processes and business templates that are easy to search, view, and implement. Drill down through each process to view procedures and additional work instructions. Out-of-the-box processes include:
- Request Management
- Problem Management
- Knowledge Management
- Change Management
- Release Management
Align your services and service levels with industry best practices.
Go social with integrated social media
Easily monitor and communicate with your customers via the social media they prefer, including Facebook and Twitter, to better manage user expectations and speed incident resolution. With the new Twitter API in FootPrints 11.6, you can:
- Read tweets from the FootPrints dashboard
- Create an incident from a tweet
- Respond directly to the sender of the tweet through the new address book Twitter field
- Automatically post status updates to Facebook and Twitter
Monitor social media, including Twitter, for user incidents from the FootPrints homepage.
What's New in FootPrints Asset Core 11.6
Empowering your end users with MyApps
Enable your end users to manage software, take actions, and access content directly from the desktop anytime and from anywhere, freeing up IT to be more efficient and more productive.
- Advertise available software applications, advanced actions, and quick links to end-users
- Empower end users to take action on their time frame in as few as two clicks through a desktop app store
- Allow end users to install pre-approved software on demand, and perform common tasks such as “clean up temp folders”, “connect to the VPN”, or “defrag my hard drive”
- Search the filters, scrollbars, and tooltips that make MyApps easy for anyone to use
Access MyApps through the Asset Core icon in the systems tray. MyApps delivers self-service directly to your desktop – anywhere, anytime.
Manage today’s technology
Control BYOD with the BMC FootPrints Asset Core agent.
- Easily rollout and deploy to Windows 8 and iOS devices
- Ensure currency with patch management
- Troubleshoot devices with remote control capabilities
- Guarantee complete software asset data with software title matching
- Leverage the export, edit, import capabilities to enhance software license data with purchase, warranty and support details
Easily manage, patch and troubleshoot PCs and MacOS devices.
Do more with BMC FootPrints Asset Core
From integrating across the BMC ITSM portfolio to driving supporting technology with our partners, BMC FootPrints Asset Core is paving the way for the next generation of client management solutions. Its industry standard, scalable, documented, and secure API supports integration of Asset Core into many other systems and products, such as BMC Atrium CMDB. BMC partners can leverage the Asset Core API to develop add-on technologies as well.
Additional enhancements include:
- Reporting improvements including enhanced email reports that are easier to read
- Improved power management
- Wake on LAN option for Patch jobs
Easily view important asset information including cost and current value from CMDB.